Top : Rail : Signal & Communications
- Electronics on the Rails- This manual focuses on the function and maintenance of electronics in rail operations of train control systems. It takes the mystery out of static components. You learn about semi conductors; diodes; transistors; rectifiers and controlled rectifiers. The semi conductors are explained and then you are shown some application and uses. Schematics are included to help you visualize the applications. An explanation of electronic symbols used on wiring diagrams is included. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 7.25) Rate It
- Elements of Train Dispatching - Volume I- Train dispatching is a complex, essential, and often misunderstood
part of North American railroad operation.
Fundamentally, the train dispatcher performs the functions
of scheduler, manager, and traffic controller.
Service reliability, operating efficiency, and capacity utilization
are dependent upon the skill of the train dispatcher.
Elements of Train Dispatching Volume 1 is an
introduction to train dispatching and to the fundamental
knowledge necessary to a train dispatcher. It begins with
a history of train dispatching and a detailed discussion
of the activities and responsibilities of train dispatchers.
Subsequent chapters explain the fundamentals of track, signals and traffic control,
engines and cars, and railroad operation. (Added: 2006-03-22 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- Elements of Train Dispatching - Volume II- Train dispatching is much more than operating CTC
equipment or issuing movement or occupancy authority.
That activity is covered by a single chapter of Elements
of Train Dispatching Volume 2. Several chapters present
fundamental subjects such as basic tools, communication,
memory, working with people. The rest of the
book is dedicated to complex subjects such as types of
traffic, planning and moving traffic, rules and regulations,
keeping the line open, failures and problems, runaways,
and emergencies. (Added: 2006-03-22 Rating: 9.00) Rate It
- Introduction to North American Railway Signaling- Introduction to North American Railway Signaling covers the basics of signaling philosophy and techniques. This is the book to reach for if you need information pertaining to signaling systems used in the various rail transportation modes in North America: freight, main-line passenger service, commuter, light-rail, and heavy rail transit. It presents the underlying principles behind modern day signaling practices for the many systems integrated together to keep railroads running safely and efficiently.
(Added: 2008-06-04 Rating: 5.50) Rate It
- Managing Railroad Transportation- TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK Managing Railroad Transportation is the third volume in the series on railroad operation. The two volumes of Elements of Train Dispatching discuss railroad operation and transportation management from the point of view of the train dispatcher. Managing Railroad Transportation goes on to the next level, discussing control center management functions, once the domain of the chief dispatcher. (Added: 2006-10-25 Rating: 4.00) Rate It
- Railroad Operations and Railway Signaling- A practical handbook of illustrated questions and answers that explains the what, why and how of railway signaling and train operation. It presents the overall purposes, advantages, and disadvantages of the various signaling systems in relation to train operation. Softcover. (Added: 2000-05-19 Rating: 3.78) Rate It
- Railway Operations and Control - Fourth Edition- Safe, efficient, and reliable railway operation depends upon fundamental concepts of signaling, traffic control,
scheduling, and capacity. These principles are universal to rail transportation, but their application varies among
railways throughout the world. All are based upon the practices originating in England, Germany, and North America. Railway Operation and Control discusses signaling and traffic control practices from the English, German, and North American perspective as well as the
more universally applicable concepts of scheduling and capacity research. Chapters on train dynamics and basic terms used in railway operation provide necessary background information for those who do not have a railway operation background. (Added: 2006-03-22 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Rules & Regulations Governing Railroad Signal and Train Control Systems- TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE 49 CFR 233, 234, 235, and 236. Requirements for signal system reporting; maintenance standards; grade crossing signal system safety. Includes material modification of a signal system or relief from requirements plus instructions, standards, and rules governing the installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of signal and train control systems. Spiral-bound. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 7.00) Rate It
- Safety on the Rails - The Union Switch & Signal Story- From the dawn of the rail transportation to the futuristic driverless rail systems, Union Switch and Signal throughout history has been the leading switch, signal and dispatch company in the rail industry. This book covers every aspect of USS company from the founders to the signal and switch machinist and assembly to the switchboard operators and control centers and every employee in the making of USS. Safety on the Rails will give the reader the whole story of the USS company's leadership in safety and signaling for the transportation industry. (Added: 2011-08-23 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- Your Guide to Railway Signals- This is the book for you if you strive for railway signaling knowledge. Your Guide to Railway Signals is an excellent guide for training signal personnel especially railway cross-function managers, supervisors, and support personnel. Signal personnel and management can use this book as an information packed off-the-shelf reference guide. High-quality graphics and diagrams have been used throughout. Complies with all standards and commonly used practices.
Includes chapters on Track Circuits, Basic Crossings, Gate Crossings, Microprocessor-Based Crossings, Switch Circuit Controller (SCC) and Electric Locks, Switch Machines, Relay-Based and Processor-Based CTC, and Testing Locking Circuits.
(Added: 2019-03-20 Rating: 9.00) Rate It
- The Railroad: What It Is, What It Does - 5th Edition- The fifth edition of The Railroad: What It Is, What it Does is even more valuable than before. Inside you'll find a comprehensive look at how today's railroads function-from equipment to procedures and marketing to maintenance.
pop (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 8.76) Rate It