Top : Rail : General : Page 2
- Train Wreck: The Forensics of Rail Disasters- Trains are massive - with some weighing 15,000 tons or more. When these metal monsters collide or go off the rails, their destructive power becomes clear. In this book, George Bibel presents riveting tales of trains gone wrong, the detective work of finding out why, and the safety improvements that were born of tragedy. Train Wreck details 17 crashes in which more than 200 people were killed. Readers follow investigators as they sift through the rubble and work with computerized event recorders to figure out what happened. Using a mix of eyewitness accounts and scientific explanations, Bibel draws us into a world of forensics and human drama. Train Wreck is a fascinating exploration of runaway trains, bearing failures, metal fatigue, crash testing, collision dynamics, and bad rails. (Added: 2013-02-04 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- Trains Across the Continent --
Second Edition- With this new edition of Trains Across the Continent by Rudolph Daniels adds to the first edition by bringing us up to date on recent developments in North American Railroading. His insightful historian's eye sheds light on previously unexplored topics, such as the problematic freight breakdown in the merger of the Union Pacific and the Southern Pacific. He explores contemporary issues like the implications of NAFTA for North American railroads, the breakup of Conrail, and the electrification of the Northeast corridor. (Added: 2001-04-25 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Transformers- This book serves the apprentice and journeyman, along with the newcomer to the field a necessary background for understanding transformers. This second edition has been completely revised, updated and presented in a simplified, easy-to-use format. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Understanding the Railway Labor Act- For sure, the Railway Labor Act is one of a kind. In fact, it is a common toast to suggest that one live long enough to understand the Railway Labor Act (RLA).
Railroad journalist, economist, former rail regulator, and rail-labor expert Frank N. Wilner offers a straight-forward and very readable history, evolution, description, justification and critique of the RLA in his new book, "Understanding the Railway Labor Act." (Added: 2009-07-27 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Welding Safety Handbook- Information for people engaged in the care and use of welding equipment. Emphasis is on safety, proper use, cleaning of equipment and protective gear. Pictures of "No-No's" puts emphasis on unsafe conditions to avoid. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Wiring Simplified- Learn how to install wiring in your home so it is safe and practical. This is the 38th edition of one of the first do-it-yourself manuals and is based on the latest 1999 National Electrical Code with the most recent safety provisions. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Railroad: What It Is, What It Does - 5th Edition- The fifth edition of The Railroad: What It Is, What it Does is even more valuable than before. Inside you'll find a comprehensive look at how today's railroads function-from equipment to procedures and marketing to maintenance.
pop (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 8.76) Rate It
Pages: [<<] 1 2