Top : Rail : Freight Cars : Components
- 26L Brake Equipment Identification- Diagrammatic views of various parts of brake values. Pictures and schematics included are; 26C Automatic Brake Valve; SA-26 Independent Brake Valve; P-2-A Application Valve; Independent Quick Release Valve; MU-2-A Valve; A1 Charging cut-off Pilot Valve; 26F Control Valve; JI. 6 -16 Relay Valve; JI Relay Valve; No. 8 Vent Valve and H-5 and HB-5 Relay Air Valves. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 2.00) Rate It
- Car Air Brakes (Vol 2)- The second book in the chalk talk series focuses on car air brakes. Includes car air brake devices that are used in general throughout the railroad industry. Many car air brake devices are explained in detail with the descriptions of the various equipment to which they belong. Explains the various valves used in different braking systems and equipment used in some freight and passenger cars. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Doorway to Safety With Boxcar Doors- The reader of this book will be especially delighted with the many illustrations on the safe operating of plug and corrugated doors. It has a schematic guide showing lubrication points as well as points to check for damage. Inspection of locks, and the operation of doors through a complete cycle to inspect for damage and safety is emphasized throughout. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 9.00) Rate It
- Freight Cars With 7 Charts- This book identifies the basic types of freight train cars most commonly used to move the commodities and industrial products of North America. Each type of car is described in relation to its primary function, structure, and main assemblies. Construction diagams with labeled parts for the General Purpose Box Car, Gondola Car, Covered Hopper Car, Open Hopper Car, Tank Car, All-Purpose Flat Car, and Mechanical Refrigerator Car. Stock cars not included. Sold separately. Ring binder/charts.
(Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Guide to Freight Car Air Brakes- Our most extensive work on freight car air brakes is now available! Learn about all the components found on freight car air brake systems in our newest addition to our Freight Car Maintenance Series.
Each chapter provides the necessary information to help quickly inspect appropriate components and offers tips on adjustment and repairs. Safety awareness is stressed at the end of each chapter to help create a "heads up" attitude on the shop floor. Soft cover format.
(Added: 2002-03-27 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Guide to Freight Car Couplers and Draft Gear Systems- Learn maintenance procedures on various types of coupler and draft gear systems used on railway equipment. The book covers comprehensive information that identifies the various components, identification, inspection and gauging details for various systems used on railway freight cars. Now in soft cover format. (Added: 2001-01-25 Rating: 4.80) Rate It
- Guide to Freight Car Trucks- Just what the mechanical department has been waiting for. Guide to Freight Car Trucks is an in-depth look at freight car truck maintenance covering some of today's most commonly used trucks. You'll get a comprehensive overview of AAR-approved maintenance procedures to help your shop keep this vital component operating safely and efficiently.
It's ideal for mechanical maintenance personnel, foremen or others responsible for servicing and maintaining freight car trucks. This title also serves as the cornerstone for our new correspondence course covering freight car trucks (please call for course details.)
(Added: 2001-06-27 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Handbrakes- Contains the specific sections of the Interchange Rules, Code of Federal Regulations for Railroad Safety Appliance Standards and the AAR Open Top Loading Rules which pertain to handbrakes. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Hitch Maintenance Guide- This is a readily accessible reference for identifying, inspecting, and repairing trailer hitches. The information assembled in this manual is intended to help you decide what to do, and show you how to do it. All of the common hitches are shown, and most of the repair operations that might be required are explained. The object is to help you identify the defect and safely make necessary repair. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Pocketbook of Anti-Friction Bearings- Compact guide to various bearing types and selection factors. It reviews the basic characteristics which make each type suitable for specific uses. Also, a comparison and application guide for basic bearing types is included. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Railroad Brake Shoes- Gives background information on Railroad Brake Shoes. It includes a history of the railroad brake shoe, tracing the product to its current state of the art. The forces that actuate the brake shoe to press against the railroad wheel tread, and the important role of friction to make the brake shoe work, in order to stop a train is covered. Safety and procedures for replacing old shoes with new is addressed, and Rule 12 of the Association of American Railroads Field Manual is also covered. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Basics of Railroad Wheels- 2018 Sixth Edition! Keep your cars rolling with The Basics of Railroad Wheels. It provides a solid foundation of wheels and a discussion of basic inspection techniques. The first portion of the book presents the history of the wheel, a synopsis of the the AAR's role with the design and engineering of today's wheels, a quick glimpse of the two main manufacturing methods used on modern wheels, and an introductory study of AAR wheel classes and their respective service life. The later section of the book will help with identifying wheels and performing basic inspection techniques for railroad wheels. Paperback. (Added: 2003-04-01 Rating: 1.50) Rate It