Top : Marine : Safety
- Basic Coastal Navigation- A manual for any one who wants to learn how to pilot a boat and has no experience. A clearly written, easy to understand introduction to coastal navigation, (care was taken to avoid heavy nautical terminology), outlining most of the techniques of piloting that are still fundamental to safe navigation even with today's electronic aids. Step-by-step, the reader is guided from simple to more complex piloting solutions and soon learns to plot a complete day trip. The author covers tides and currents; and major features of LORAN and GPS. "Experienced" boaters will learn from this book also. Hardcover.
(Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Survival Guide For The Mariner- This book was written to help the seafarer survive safely at sea. Survival at sea depends on three things: knowledge, equipment, and morale. Responsibility for survival lies with each individual and the best possible safety devices are worthless if you don't know how and when to use them. Survival Guide for the Mariner is primarily a guide and refers to SOLAS regulations. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Tanker Handbook for Deck Officers- This popular reference covers the latest changes and developments in oil transportation, as well as LNG and chemical ships. With a host of new regulations covering the pollution of the sea by oil, the building of new ships and the modification of older vessels, it is important for all concerned to keep abreast of all the regulations, both National and International. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Captain's Guide to Liferaft Survival- This book contains everything you need to know if you have to abandon ship such as, how to abandon ship, maintain discipline and morale, make a solar still, and choose a liferaft and keep it afloat. It explains signals, immediate and long-term medical care, and what to do when rescue is in sight. It covers in detail what a castaway might find to eat and how to capture it. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Cold Water Survival Handbook- The Cold Water Survival Handbook is a set of recommendations designed to assist vessel owners, skippers and crew as they prepare for the hazards posed by cold water. It represents a set of general guidelines that can be utilized by vessel personnel in devising their own safety and contingency plans. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It