Design and Construction of Modern Steel Railway Bridges, Second Edition
by John F. Unsworth
Our Price: $169.95
ADD TO CART
Publication Info: 688 pages (2017)
CRC Press; ISBN: 9781498734103; Dimensions (in inches): 7.25 x 10.25
Description: This new edition encompasses current design methods used for steel railway bridges in both SI and Imperial (US Customary) units. It discusses the planning of railway bridges and the appropriate types of bridges based on planning considerations.
- Updated throughout to reflect changes in the field since the first edition.
- Examines the engineering properties of structural steel typically used in modern steel railway bridge design and fabrication.
- Presents criteria for the maximum effects from moving loads and their use in developing design live railway loads- which is not available in typical bridge engineering books.
- Explains the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-way Association design specifications.
- Discusses the history of iron and steel railway bridges with numerous examples.
Bridge Safety Standards Part 237
Click here to go back a page...