Top : Rail : Track
- Advanced Principles of Track Maintenance- Advanced Principles of Track Maintenance takes your crewmembers to the next level. They'll benefit from a comprehensive presentation of FRA Track Safety Standards as well as an
introduction to track inspection. Rail
defects and material management
are also covered. Three-ring binder. (Added: 2005-03-08 Rating: 2.50) Rate It
- All About Railroading - Second Edition- All About Railroading-Second Edition is the book for new hires and young adults who want to learn the basics of today's fascinating, high-tech railway industry. (Added: 2000-08-07 Rating: 8.43) Rate It
- Basic Principles of Track Maintenance- Basic Principles of Track Maintenance progresses from an overview of the basic track structure to examinations of its components and ends with a comprehensive look at turnouts and right-of-ways. Three-ring binder. (Added: 2005-03-08 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Bridge Safety Standards Part 237- FRA Part 237 establishes Federal safety requirements for railroad bridges. This rule requires track owners to implement bridge management programs, which include annual inspections of railroad bridges, and to audit the programs. Bridge Safety Standards Part 237 also requires track owners to know the safe load capacity of bridges and to conduct special inspections if the weather or other conditions warrant such inspections. (Added: 2010-11-22 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Design and Construction of Pavements and Rail Tracks - Geotechnical Aspects and Processed Materials- Design and Construction of Pavements and Rail Tracks - Geotechnical Aspects and Processed Materials is a compilation of selected contributions produced between 2002 and 2005 by the International Committee TC3 - Geotechnics of Pavements of the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE), a committee dedicated to gathering current knowledge of geotechnical aspects relating to pavements and rail tracks. (Added: 2011-06-10 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Design of Modern Steel Railway Bridges- Perhaps the first book on this topic in more than 50 years, Design of Modern Steel Railway Bridges focuses not only on new steel superstructures but also outlines principles and methods that are useful for the maintenance and rehabilitation of existing steel railway bridges. It complements the recommended practices of the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-way Association (AREMA), in particular Chapter 15-Steel Structures in AREMA's Manual for Railway Engineering (MRE). The book has been carefully designed to remain valid through many editions of the MRE. (Added: 2010-12-23 Rating: 5.50) Rate It
- Dictionary of Railway Track Terms- The most comprehensive collection of definitions relating to track. Over 1500 terms from antiquated forgotten slang to today's jargon. Clearly illustrated line art enhances the text. Softcover, coil bound. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Frog Gauge- Measure flangeway gap and check proper spacing for guardrails with the frog gauge. Easy-to-use, this gauge is made of rugged, indestructible, composite material. Ideal for track inspectors, maintenance personnel, and welders repairing frogs. The frog gauge comes with instructions and works on all frogs and all guardrails. Additionally, it can be used for highway crossing flangeways. (Added: 2000-08-28 Rating: 7.75) Rate It
- Fundamentals of Railway Track Engineering- Gain a deeper understanding of the evolution of track technology. Dr. Kerr takes you on a journey spanning several centuries to explain how railway track has evolved into what it is today. This book presents the knowledge needed for rational design and maintenance of passenger, freight, and transit track. It will become a must-have tool for establishing modern and future track maintenance and safety standards. (Added: 2004-01-14 Rating: 6.43) Rate It
- Railroad Engineering- This book gives a comprehensive look at the railroad industry. It meets a continuing need by students and the railroad industry as an up-to-date text that presents the basic principles of railroad engineering and an application of these principles.
Part I discusses the Principles of Location and Operation based on the assumption that a railroad must be located before it can be built. Track analysis, as a basis for track and track component design and use, introduces Part II, on construction and maintenance. Study problems are included in Appendices A and B as a means of indicating how some of the principles can be applied. Easy to read style. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 5.00) Rate It
- Railroad Workplace Safety- Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 Part 214. Contains Bridge Worker Safety Standards and Roadway Worker Protection. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 9.50) Rate It
- Railway Geotechnics- Good railway track and railway operations depend on good geotechnics, in several different ways and at varying levels.
Railway Geotechnics covers track, track substructure, load environment, materials, mechanics, design, construction, measurements, and management. Illustrated by case studies, with an emphasis on the geotechnical aspects of railway engineering, it discusses these topics from a historical perspective. It also presents the methodologies and best practices developed over the past 20 years.
(Added: 2015-11-09 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Art and Science of Rail Grinding- Rail grinding saves the rail industry millions of dollars every year.The Art and Science of Rail Grinding is the first book dedicated exclusively to the subject. It covers the full range of grinding issues from profile grinding and control of the wheel-rail interface to corrective grinding and defect elimination. (Added: 2005-09-12 Rating: 4.83) Rate It
- The Track Cyclopedia (1985)- Designed for the reader to obtain a comprehensive background of accepted practices of track. The book covers design, construction, maintenance and inspection of railroad track in North America. The information has been arranged to facilitate the reader's search for specific material. The 37 chapters are organized into cohesive, inter-related sections. Cross-references in text are made from other chapters where appropriate. Compiled and edited in cooperation with the Association of American Railroads and the American Railway Engineers Association Advisory Committee. Dimensions: 4" x 9". Printed on heavy stock paper. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 5.00) Rate It
- The Track Data Handbook- Reprinted by popular demand, this book is a valuable reference for roadmasters, track supervisors, track foreman, surveyors and others involved in the planning and execution of track maintenance and construction work. Fold-out diagrams. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 4.00) Rate It
- The Track Safety Standards Calculator- No more thumbing through the track safety standards to find what you need. This slide rule type calculator contains many of the details for Classes of track 1 through 5. The slide rule format makes it easy to find the measurements you are looking for quickly. All standards are compliant with the Federal Railroad Administration's (FRA) Part 213-Track Safety Standards. (Added: 0000-00-00 Rating: 4.75) Rate It
- Track Cyclopedia 1978- Intended to present practices in the design, construction, maintenance and inspection of Railroad Track in North America. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Track Safety Standards Subpart G- 49 CFR 213, Subpart G. Classes of Track 6 and Higher: Applies to track required to support the passage of passenger and freight equipment in specific, higher speed ranges. Includes Defect Codes and Appendix C to Part 213 - Statement of Agency Policy on the Safety of Railroad Bridges. 96 pages. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Uni-Gauge Rail Measurement Tool- TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK Measure rail head wear and rail gauge face wear with one gauge-the Uni-Gauge! This rugged stainless steel gage measures all 85 to 140 pound standard rail weights from any manufacturer instantly. An anodized aluminum Taper Gage makes it a snap to measure rail with even severe gauge-face or head flow problems. Comes with a full two year replacement warranty on manufacturer's defects, thorough instructions and nylon case with belt loop. (Added: 2001-02-12 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Railroad: What It Is, What It Does - 5th Edition- The fifth edition of The Railroad: What It Is, What it Does is even more valuable than before. Inside you'll find a comprehensive look at how today's railroads function-from equipment to procedures and marketing to maintenance.
pop (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 8.76) Rate It
- Track Safety Standards Subparts A-F- 49 Part 213, Subparts A-F. Classes of Track 1 through 5: Applies to track required to support passenger and freight equipment at lower speed ranges. Includes Defect Codes and Appendices A, B, and C to Part 213. The standards cover general information, Roadbed, Track Geometry, Track Structure, Track Appliances and Track-Related Devices, and Inspection. Softcover, coil binding. pop (Added: 0000-00-00 Rating: 4.57) Rate It