Top : Rail : Reference or Dictionary
- 1980 Car and Locomotive Cyclopedia- This 4th edition published in 1980 provides illustrations and descriptions of railroad freight cars, passenger cars, locomotives and their respective components built for domestic and export service. Diesel-electric locomotives, electric locomotives, diesel engines and diesel transmissions are also included with many illustrations. Includes a dictionary of car and locomotive terms. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 5.89) Rate It
- 1997 Car & Locomotive Cyclopedia- This edition contains more than 1100 pages of state-of-the-art technical resource information, with extensive descriptions, as well as, high quality technical drawings of freight cars, passenger cars and locomotives in use today and those still in the planning stages. The most versatile, powerful and professional railroad research tool available. Simmons-Boardman has produced several editions of the cyclopedia since 1879. Hardcover. Reduced Price $99.00 (Added: 2000-11-21 Rating: 6.87) Rate It
- 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook- A guide to aid first responders in quickly identifying the specific or generic hazards of the material(s) involved in the incident, and protecting themselves and the general public during the initial response phase of the incident.
Items in the book include:
Safety precautions * Who to call for assistance in United States, Canada and Mexico. * How to use the Guidebook during an incident involving dangerous goods. * Hazardous Classification System.
Sections are color coded providing a ready reference for hazardous incidents to allow for identifying the hazard; public safety measurements to take; and, emergency response actions and first aid. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 4.33) Rate It
- All About Railroading - Second Edition- All About Railroading-Second Edition is the book for new hires and young adults who want to learn the basics of today's fascinating, high-tech railway industry. (Added: 2000-08-07 Rating: 8.43) Rate It
- Dictionary of Railway Track Terms- The most comprehensive collection of definitions relating to track. Over 1500 terms from antiquated forgotten slang to today's jargon. Clearly illustrated line art enhances the text. Softcover, coil bound. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary - 15 th Ed.- Those who are first to respond to chemical accidents will find this handbook an invaluable assistant in their work. This unique publication is not a dictionary in the usual sense of an assemblage of brief definitions, but rather a compendium of technical data and descriptive information covering many thousands of chemicals as to meet the needs of those who have only minutes to devote to any given topic.
Three distinct types of information are presented; 1) descriptions of chemicals, raw materials, processes and equipment; 2) expanded definitions of chemical entities, phenomena, and terminology; and 3) descriptions or identifications of a wide range of trademarked products used in the chemical industries. A Periodic Table of Elements, a Temperature Conversion Table and a list of Elements and Symbols is included. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Hazardous Chemicals Desk Reference- Contains immediate access to information on the hazardous properties of over 5,630 chemical entries. For each entry the following data are provided when available: DIPM number, hazard rating, entry name; CAS number; DOT number; molecular formula; molecular weight; a description of the material and its physical properties; and synonyms. The Consensus Reports section contains, where available, NTP Fifth Annual Report on Carcinogens, IARC reviews, NTP Carcinogens Testing Program results, EPA Extremely Hazardous Substances List, the EPA Genetic Toxicology Program, and the Community right-To-Know-List. It also contains OSHA permissible exposure levels, ACGIH, Threshold Limit Values, MAK values, NIOSH recommended exposure levels, and DOT classifications. Each entry concludes with a safety profile that discusses the toxic and other hazards of the entry. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Painting and Decorating Encyclopedia - Hardcover- Painting and Decorating is a time-honored and highly developed art. The Painting and Decorating Encyclopedia is a beginning and a guide. This encyclopedia is a storehouse of practical knowledge on painting and decorating. It will serve as a valuable guide and reference work for decorators, painters, architects, builders, engineers, and building managers as well as for many others interested in painting. (Added: 2006-12-28 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Railroad Mergers: History, Analysis, Insight- This is a story that holds signs and portents for all who wish to see the art and science of railroading endure, even as its numbers shrink from four mega-carriers to a predictable two, and then perhaps to one, supported by the hundreds of regional and satellite short-line roads that have been one of the great by-products and legacies of consolidation. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 9.25) Rate It
- The Carman's Dictionary- A glossary of the majority of the technical terms used in the railway carman's trade. Cross referenced and pocket sized for your convenience. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Understanding the Railway Labor Act- For sure, the Railway Labor Act is one of a kind. In fact, it is a common toast to suggest that one live long enough to understand the Railway Labor Act (RLA).
Railroad journalist, economist, former rail regulator, and rail-labor expert Frank N. Wilner offers a straight-forward and very readable history, evolution, description, justification and critique of the RLA in his new book, "Understanding the Railway Labor Act." (Added: 2009-07-27 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Railroad: What It Is, What It Does - 5th Edition- The fifth edition of The Railroad: What It Is, What it Does is even more valuable than before. Inside you'll find a comprehensive look at how today's railroads function-from equipment to procedures and marketing to maintenance.
pop (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 8.76) Rate It