Top : Rail : Locomotive : Operating Manuals
- Air Brake Equipment: Air Compressors-Operation, Maintenance- A book designed for the person wanting to understand air compressors and how they function. Various types of compressors i.e. the 3-CDB Air Compressor, 3-CD Air Compressor, 3-CD Compressor, NS-16 Compressor Governor are explained. It also identifies the working parts, their functions, how to maintain them, and how they work for air brake equipment and other equipment. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.67) Rate It
- EMD Operating Manual GP9 Locomotives- This book serves as a guide for railroad personnel engaged in the operation of the Electro-Motive 1750 HP GP9 locomotive. The first three sections of the manual present the necessary information to enable the engineman to successfully operate the locomotive "over the road." Section 2 outlines the recommended procedures to be followed for successful operation of the locomotive equipment. Section 3 outlines the possible causes, location, and correction of difficulties that may be encountered while "on the road." Sections 4 and 5 of the manual have been included for those who desire a more thorough knowledge of the locomotive's Systems and Electrical equipment. Charts and wiring diagrams are used to illustrate the descriptive material. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- GP35 Operating Manual- A guide for railroad personnel engaged in the operation of the 2,500 horsepower General Motors Model GP35 turbo charged diesel-electric locomotive. It contains seven sections providing you with: 1) General Description - provides general description of principle equipment components; 2) Cab Controls - Explains functions of cab control equipment used in operating the locomotive; 3) Operation - Outlines procedures for operation of the locomotive; 4) Mechanical Equipment and Systems - Describes the diesel engine, the fuel, cooling, lubricating oil and air system functions during locomotive operation; 5) Electrical Equipment - Explains functions of principal electrical equipment components; 6) Electrical Systems - explains electrical systems and circuit functions and 7) Trouble Shooting - Describes cause, location and correction of possible troubles occurring during operation. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- GP38 Operator's Manual: Static Excitation- A guide for railroad personnel engaged in the operation of the 2000 horsepower General Motors Model GP38 diesel-electric locomotive equipped with a static system for main generator excitation. The contents are divided into four sections as follows: 1) General Description - Provides general description of principal equipment components; 2) Cab Controls - Explains functions of cab control equipment used in operating the locomotive; 3) Operation - outlines procedures for operation of the locomotive and; 4) Trouble Shooting - Describes cause, location and correction of possible troubles occurring during operation. Labeled pictures help you "see" the parts referred to. Softcover, spiralbound. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 9.00) Rate It
- Locomotive Engineer Question & Answer Study Guide- A comprehensive book with over 350 questions and answers regarding train and locomotive operation that addresses almost everything you need to know. May be used as a study guide for basic engineer training or for engineer certification. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 7.00) Rate It
- MP 15 Locomotive Manual- This manual covers mechanical and electrical maintenance. Its purpose is to provide instructions for what may be called "on-the-locomotive" maintenance, and to provide separate cover material for general familiarization with locomotive components and systems. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Operating Manual: 600 & 1200 HP Switching Locomotives- Essential information describing the operation of EMD Diesel Switching locomotives. Details of construction are described sufficiently to provide the engineer and fireman with a basic working knowledge of the locomotive and its equipment. Contains an index to the manual, a list of illustrations and charts, general data and illustrations of the 600, 1000 and 1200 HP switching locomotives. Covers the description, instruments and controls, operation and location of difficulties for the various models. Softcover, spiral bound. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Qualifications and Certification of Locomotive Engineers- 49 CFR 240. This book affects locomotive engineers, trainers and supervisors. The rule is largely based on recommendations made by an advisory committee comprised of rail industry and labor representatives. This final rule will clarify the decertification process; clarify when certified locomotive engineers are required to operate service vehicles; and address the concern that some designated supervisors of locomotive engineers are insufficiently qualified to properly supervise, train, or test locomotive engineers. 166 pages. Softcover. 4" x 6.5". (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- The 1925 Modern American Locomotive: Construction and Operation- Originally published in 1925, this book breaks down the basics of American locomotives into 200 different topics ranging from the physics of motion to the operation of individual parts, including their construction and operation. Graphically illustrated to provide further description. This is a real how-to book. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The 1st and 2nd Generation Locomotive Handbook- A textbook on the operation of late first and second generation diesel electric locomotives.
This handbook has been compiled as an aid in the operation and proper management of the locomotives listed below.
It was written for the benefit of Regional and Short Line Railroads. (Added: 2007-01-19 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- The Modern Locomotive Handbook- This handbook has been compiled as an aid in the operation and proper management of
high horsepower locomotives. (Added: 2008-09-25 Rating: 10.00) Rate It