Top : Rail : General
- 1980 Car and Locomotive Cyclopedia- This 4th edition published in 1980 provides illustrations and descriptions of railroad freight cars, passenger cars, locomotives and their respective components built for domestic and export service. Diesel-electric locomotives, electric locomotives, diesel engines and diesel transmissions are also included with many illustrations. Includes a dictionary of car and locomotive terms. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 5.89) Rate It
- 1997 Car & Locomotive Cyclopedia- This edition contains more than 1100 pages of state-of-the-art technical resource information, with extensive descriptions, as well as, high quality technical drawings of freight cars, passenger cars and locomotives in use today and those still in the planning stages. The most versatile, powerful and professional railroad research tool available. Simmons-Boardman has produced several editions of the cyclopedia since 1879. Hardcover. Reduced Price $99.00 (Added: 2000-11-21 Rating: 6.87) Rate It
- 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook- A guide to aid first responders in quickly identifying the specific or generic hazards of the material(s) involved in the incident, and protecting themselves and the general public during the initial response phase of the incident.
Items in the book include:
Safety precautions * Who to call for assistance in United States, Canada and Mexico. * How to use the Guidebook during an incident involving dangerous goods. * Hazardous Classification System.
Sections are color coded providing a ready reference for hazardous incidents to allow for identifying the hazard; public safety measurements to take; and, emergency response actions and first aid. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 4.33) Rate It
- ABC's of Hand Tools- A basic book for anyone interested in the care and proper usage of hand tools. Hand tools discussed include files, extractors, screw drivers, wrenches, vise jaws and others. Walt Disney's Primitive Pete, interspersed in the text, drives home the common sense approach for using hand tools safely. Also includes glossary and pictures of tools. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- All About Railroading - Second Edition- All About Railroading-Second Edition is the book for new hires and young adults who want to learn the basics of today's fascinating, high-tech railway industry. (Added: 2000-08-07 Rating: 8.43) Rate It
- Basic Principles of Hydraulics Types of Pumps- This is the book for those wanting to understand the principles of hydraulics and how they work in various situations. Properties of hydraulic fluids are discussed and Pascal's Law is explained. Principles of gear, vane and piston-type pumps are described. A job aid describes how to locate and correct trouble with hydraulic systems. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Basic Training Manual for Brakemen and Switchmen- Do you have new employees that need to learn the basics quickly? Our updated version of Basic Training Manual for Brakemen and Switchmen
is just what you've been looking for.
We've updated this classic book to reflect modern safety practices.
The book outlines the basic responsibilities of brakemen and switchmen keeping safety in the forefront of its explanations. It is an excellent training guide for new employees. (Added: 2004-11-16 Rating: 9.33) Rate It
- How To Run A Lathe- This book covers the care and operation of a screw-cutting lathe. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- How to Ship by Rail- TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK A true ''how to'' book for the person responsible for railroad shipping. No phase is omitted. Includes making contacts, lining up cars, cost of shipping, securing the best rates, various shipping terminology, and shipping patterns. A glossary of terms is included. Many insider tips to help you save money and get results. Written by a true expert of the industry with many years of practical experience. Softcover. (Added: 2010-01-13 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Managing Railroad Transportation- Managing Railroad Transportation is the third volume in the series on railroad operation. The two volumes of Elements of Train Dispatching discuss railroad operation and transportation management from the point of view of the train dispatcher. Managing Railroad Transportation goes on to the next level, discussing control center management functions, once the domain of the chief dispatcher. (Added: 2006-10-25 Rating: 4.00) Rate It
- Modern Metalworking- This book supplies basic information on tools materials, and procedures used in metalworking occupations. It explores the numerous metalworking career opportunities. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- My Life With Trains: Memoir of a Railroader- Jim McClellan was a veteran of the railroad industry.
Named one of the ''75 People You Should Know'' by Trains Magazine, Jim McClellan was a railroading legend and one of the railroad industry's titans. An iconic and innovative executive, McClellan participated in the creation of both Amtrak and Conrail and worked for the Norfolk Southern, the New York Central, US Railway Association, and the Federal Railroad Administration. My Life with Trains combines a world-class photographer's love of railroading with the insights of a government and railroad official. The book provides a short historical overview of the changes in the industry, recounts McClellan's experience at various railroads, and offers personal reflections on a lifetime of working with and chasing trains. Expertly detailed with over 250 stunning color photographs, My Life with Trains covers sixty years as observed by a legendary railroad strategist. (Added: 2017-07-07 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Oxy-Acetylene Welding- This book covers the specifics of oxy-acetylene welding, how it developed, the properties of oxy-acetylene and precautions to take when using it. Contains tables in both metric and US. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Painting and Decorating Encyclopedia - Hardcover- Painting and Decorating is a time-honored and highly developed art. The Painting and Decorating Encyclopedia is a beginning and a guide. This encyclopedia is a storehouse of practical knowledge on painting and decorating. It will serve as a valuable guide and reference work for decorators, painters, architects, builders, engineers, and building managers as well as for many others interested in painting. (Added: 2006-12-28 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Painting and Decorating Encyclopedia - Softcover- Painting and Decorating is a time-honored and highly developed art. The Painting and Decorating Encyclopedia is a beginning and a guide. This encyclopedia is a storehouse of practical knowledge on painting and decorating. It will serve as a valuable guide and reference work for decorators, painters, architects, builders, engineers, and building managers as well as for many others interested in painting. (Added: 2006-12-28 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Rights of Trains- Reprinted by popular demand! In this 5th Edition, it has been the aim of the author to set forth clearly the basic principles underlying the Standard Code and to show how the rules of various railroads differ from the Code and from each other. Printed first in 1904 and updated in 1957, this popular book has been highly sought after throughout the years and only recently reprinted. The information is not new but still highly respected in the industry. Softcover. (Added: 2000-11-15 Rating: 9.00) Rate It
- Signatures In Steel- As a nation, railroading is in Canada's blood and her railways have etched their signatures upon the land. The photographs offered in this book are far more than celluloid images of so much smoke, steel, wood and glass. They are moments carefully and deliberately frozen in time. Many, many beautiful photos. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
- The Federal Role in Urban Mass Transportation- George Smerk's important book is a must for anyone interested in the plight of our cities and the efforts being made to solve our transportation problems. Smerk shows how mass transportation was a principal force in the evolution of the nation's cities from the 1880's and how, by 1900, it was one of America's major industries. (Added: 2001-10-26 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Historical Guide to North American Railroads, Third Edition- TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK This updated encyclopedia of railroading presents history, photos, route maps, and fast facts for 170+ North American railroads. A new, searchable index makes locating information easy and fast. Learn about railroad lines that were abandoned or merged and discover why, plus take a look at major railroads that are still currently in operation.
(Added: 2014-11-11 Rating: 8.00) Rate It
- The Lineman and Cableman's Handbook- This practical handbook covers the basic principles and best procedures for the construction, operation and maintenance of overhead and underground electric transmission lines. Hardcover (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Transportation Technology Center Story- Pick up a copy of the newly published,
The Transportation Technology Center Story: The First
30 Years of Trains, Tracks, and Technology. Enjoy this fascinating look into the world's premier facility for railroad-related research and testing. Discover the facility's beginnings, development, activities, near-death, survival, and transformation over three decades. Presented in a non-technical and impressionistic account of what has happened and what is happening. Filled with quotes, comments, sidebars, and photography drawn from the center's archives. (Added: 2001-07-25 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Tourist Trains Guidebook- This one-of-kind travel reference is both a guidebook with detailed information about 150 of the best tourist trains and rail museums in the United States and Canada as well as a directory of almost 300 more interesting train rides, museums, and historic depots. (Added: 2007-09-28 Rating: 2.00) Rate It
- Train Wreck: The Forensics of Rail Disasters- Trains are massive - with some weighing 15,000 tons or more. When these metal monsters collide or go off the rails, their destructive power becomes clear. In this book, George Bibel presents riveting tales of trains gone wrong, the detective work of finding out why, and the safety improvements that were born of tragedy. Train Wreck details 17 crashes in which more than 200 people were killed. Readers follow investigators as they sift through the rubble and work with computerized event recorders to figure out what happened. Using a mix of eyewitness accounts and scientific explanations, Bibel draws us into a world of forensics and human drama. Train Wreck is a fascinating exploration of runaway trains, bearing failures, metal fatigue, crash testing, collision dynamics, and bad rails. (Added: 2013-02-04 Rating: 10.00) Rate It
Pages: 1 2 [>>]