Top : Rail : Brakes
- 1980 Car and Locomotive Cyclopedia- This 4th edition published in 1980 provides illustrations and descriptions of railroad freight cars, passenger cars, locomotives and their respective components built for domestic and export service. Diesel-electric locomotives, electric locomotives, diesel engines and diesel transmissions are also included with many illustrations. Includes a dictionary of car and locomotive terms. Hardcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 5.89) Rate It
- 1997 Car & Locomotive Cyclopedia- This edition contains more than 1100 pages of state-of-the-art technical resource information, with extensive descriptions, as well as, high quality technical drawings of freight cars, passenger cars and locomotives in use today and those still in the planning stages. The most versatile, powerful and professional railroad research tool available. Simmons-Boardman has produced several editions of the cyclopedia since 1879. Hardcover. Reduced Price $99.00 (Added: 2000-11-21 Rating: 6.85) Rate It
- 26 Type Air Brake Troubleshooting Guide- The 26 Type Air Brake Troubleshooting Pocket Guide is intended to provide locomotive air brake personnel with a convenient and quick reference guide to making an accurate correction of problems commonly encountered with the 26L and 30CDW type locomotive air brake systems. The guide is an element of the Railway Educational Bureau's "26 Type Locomotive Air Brake Troubleshooting" course which includes additional details of the components and functions of the complete 26 type locomotive air brake system. (Added: 2013-11-04 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- 26-L Brake Equipment (Instruction Pamphlet 74)- Describes operating features and functions of those devices that are unique to the 26L Brake Equipment and its major components. Some of the items discussed are the 26-F control valve arranged for safety control; overspeed control; dynamic interlock and multiple-unit control for locomotives. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.33) Rate It
- 26L Air Brake Chart- Piping diagrammatic of 26L locomotive brake equipment. Nomenclature features over 50 parts. Dimensions: 17" x 34". Folded. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Air Brake Equipment - The AB Brake- Describes the AB brake equipment in use on freight cars. Discusses the various components such as angle cocks, pipe b racket, control valve portions, and the combined cut-out cock and dirt collector. Also covers realease and charging, emergency action and other control valve functions. (Added: 2005-10-21 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Air Brake Equipment, Basic Principles, Modern Features- A must read for the person interested in the development and history of the Air Brake. Basic principles of how the air brake works are explained, what brakes are used for passenger, and locomotives and some of the modern features of air brakes are noted. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Air Brake Equipment: Air Compressors-Operation, Maintenance- A book designed for the person wanting to understand air compressors and how they function. Various types of compressors i.e. the 3-CDB Air Compressor, 3-CD Air Compressor, 3-CD Compressor, NS-16 Compressor Governor are explained. It also identifies the working parts, their functions, how to maintain them, and how they work for air brake equipment and other equipment. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.67) Rate It
- Air Brakes- This primer on air brakes covers the frieght car and train air brakes, testing, inspsection, and repairs. Paperback. (Added: 2004-01-28 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Car Air Brakes (Vol 2)- The second book in the chalk talk series focuses on car air brakes. Includes car air brake devices that are used in general throughout the railroad industry. Many car air brake devices are explained in detail with the descriptions of the various equipment to which they belong. Explains the various valves used in different braking systems and equipment used in some freight and passenger cars. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Guide to Freight Car Air Brakes- Our most extensive work on freight car air brakes is now available! Learn about all the components found on freight car air brake systems in our newest addition to our Freight Car Maintenance Series.
Each chapter provides the necessary information to help quickly inspect appropriate components and offers tips on adjustment and repairs. Safety awareness is stressed at the end of each chapter to help create a "heads up" attitude on the shop floor. Soft cover format.
(Added: 2002-03-27 Rating: 1.00) Rate It
- Handbrakes- Contains the specific sections of the Interchange Rules, Code of Federal Regulations for Railroad Safety Appliance Standards and the AAR Open Top Loading Rules which pertain to handbrakes. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Locomotive Air Brakes- This is the third book in the chalk talk series. It covers locomotive devices, equipment, and controls that operate the individual speed control and stopping of the locomotive, as well as those operated from the locomotive for the entire train brake system that includes the locomotive and cars together. Some subjects covered are: air compressors, governors, safety valves, reservoirs, coolers, drain valves, feed valves, reducing valves and other components. Softcover, spiralbound. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Part 232 Brake System Safety Standards Inspection Pocket Guide- This handy Pocket Guide is the perfect reference for performing brake system inspections in the shop or yard. The pocket guide includes only the most essential FRA rules pertinent to inspection work from Part 232. Also includes AAR piston travel ranges. Printed on a durable and washable paper. Softcover. (Added: 2004-07-02 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- Railroad Brake Shoes- Gives background information on Railroad Brake Shoes. It includes a history of the railroad brake shoe, tracing the product to its current state of the art. The forces that actuate the brake shoe to press against the railroad wheel tread, and the important role of friction to make the brake shoe work, in order to stop a train is covered. Safety and procedures for replacing old shoes with new is addressed, and Rule 12 of the Association of American Railroads Field Manual is also covered. Softcover. (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 0.00) Rate It
- The Single Car Air Brake Tests Procedures Manual- Now in its Ninth Edition, the Single Car Air Brake Tests Procedures manual is just what you are looking for. This manual contains flowcharts depicting the procedures for the current Code of Air Brake System Tests for Freight Equipment: Standard S-486 effective June 1, 2013. (Added: 2002-08-19 Rating: 9.00) Rate It
- The Railroad: What It Is, What It Does - 5th Edition- The fifth edition of The Railroad: What It Is, What it Does is even more valuable than before. Inside you'll find a comprehensive look at how today's railroads function-from equipment to procedures and marketing to maintenance.
pop (Added: 2000-02-29 Rating: 8.69) Rate It